interrupting transmission..
"To love. To be loved. To never forget your own significance. To never get used to the unspeakable violence and the vulgar disparity of life around you. To seek joy in the saddest of places. To pursue beauty to its lair. To never simplify what is complicated nor complicate what is simple. To respect strength, never power. Above all, to watch. To try and understand. To never look away.

And never, never, to forget."

-Arundhati Roy
Monday, November 24, 2008
Ok, this is one heck of a holiday/post-olevel period.

Shan got hit by some irresponsible drunk driver, and is in ICU now.
I went to see her last night. My goodness, I know I should've held back my tears and provide some support for her mum instead. Stupid me.

So now, I'll have to take over her snare drum part for Die Fladermaus.
I was so nervous sight-reading today.. I mean, I was playing it for the first time while the rest of the band had been playing it since June!
It wasn't so bad, but I'm extremely sure Shan played better.

Sigh, concert is this saturday, and today's my first and last practice.
HOW, TELL ME.
I know Mr Tan was super nice to me cause he knows that it was my first time playing, but I'm not quite happy with my own performance today.

Stupid school hall. So much echo..
My off-beats were all over the place.

After band practice, I went to visit Shan at KK.
Still unconcious.
:(



Anyway, I've been finding myself looking forward to every band practice at VJC.
It's uber fun, and I finally have new pieces to practice.
But 2 seniors won't be there on wed.. Ohwell.

Oh, and it's also because I get to see sir.
:D

Well sometimes, I do feel quite inferior there.
THEY PLAY SO WELL.
Reggie, Garrett, Joshua all.

PFFT.

I need to learn how to hold 4mallet sticks the 'pro' way.
:D


Ok bye, I'll try to find the recordings for the concert pieces.
Both IJ Band and VJ Band concerts.

sheesh.